Testosterone Pellet Therapy
How does the Testosterone Pellet Clinic process work?
Testosterone pellet therapy is a very safe and effective method of hormone replacement.
A small 3-4mm incision is made in the upper outer buttock area and anesthesia is injected in the general area of pellet insertion. Pellets the size and shape of a small capsule are inserted just into the fat in the upper outer buttock. No sutures are required but butterfly tape will be applied and the patient will then be instructed to abstain from vigorous activity for a brief period of time after insertion.
For women, the major benefit of choosing testosterone replacement therapy for the treatment of menopausal symptoms is the decreased risk of breast cancer associated with this therapy. In addition to effective relief of menopausal symptoms, women can also experience many of the other anti-aging benefits associated with this therapy.
For men, the major benefit to this therapy over other methods (such as the testosterone patch, cream or injection) includes the higher, longer term and consistent delivery of hormones and therefore more consistent relief of symptoms. Men will also experience the anti-aging benefits associated with testosterone therapy.
For patients who are interested in testosterone pellet therapy, please read and complete the following steps:
1) Read the information available on our website regarding benefits of hormone replacement therapy and fill out the menopause symptom questionnaire (females) or the ADAM questionnaire (males) and submit to us.
2) Call Foundations Medical Center at (850) 269-9000 to schedule your 90 minute New Patient consultation.
3) You will then receive an order to obtain serum lab work which will need to be completed before hormone replacement therapy. We prefer Quest Diagnostics but honor the possibility that you may need to use an alternative lab. Click here for directions and contact information for the Quest Diagnostics lab closest to you.
4) At your 90 minute consultation the review of lab results and medical history will be discussed . If you are a candidate, the risks and benefits for your unique situation will be discussed and we will determine the therapy that’s right for you. This initial consultation will be $ 450.00
5) We will order the pellet therapy that is right for your individual situation and schedule a date for insertion. Once we contact the pharmacy with your pellet order, it may take up to 7 days for the pellet(s) to be shipped. The pellet insertion fee ranges from $250-$500.
Testosterone pellet therapy follow-up
Pellet therapy typically requires reinsertion of new pellets every 2-4 months for women and 4-6 months for men. Here is the typical process for follow up:
Follow up labs will initially need to be drawn for both men and women in 8 weeks. Labs will be drawn less frequently after the initial follow up and possibly even yearly if stable.
After the lab draw, your labs will be reviewed and pellets will be ordered with any needed adjustments in pellet therapy based on your labs.
Schedule an appointment for your next insertion.
Quest lab locations:
Fort Walton Beach: 348 Miracle Strip Pkwy SW Ste 29, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 Phone: (850) 796-3620
Niceville: 4585 E Highway 20, Niceville, FL 32578 Phone: (850) 897-3672
Panama City: 625 W Baldwin Rd, Panama City, FL 32405 Phone: (850) 913-0006
Panama City Beach: 12107 Panama City Beach Pkwy, Panama City Beach, FL 32407 Phone: (866) 697-8378