Gingered Carrots and Red Onions with Broccoli Recipe
Gingered Carrots and Red Onions with Broccoli
- YIELD:4 SERVINGS
- PREP: 10 MINS
- COOK: 10 MINS
- READY IN: 20 MINS
You can substitute broccoli with your freshest vegetable. Use baby carrots to speed up the prep time.
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger peeled
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 1/2 Large Red Onion
- 1/2 Bunch Broccoli
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Combine garlic and ginger (peeled) in food processor, then mince. Peel and cut the carrots into short, thin strips. Slice the red onion the same size as the carrots. Cut the broccoli into bite size florets.
- In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium to high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, carrots, red onions, paprika, and red pepper flakes and sauté for 2–3 minutes. Add the broccoli and sauté for 2–3 more minutes.
- Add the parsley and season with sea salt.
Recipe courtesy of The Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM)